Rich in vitamins and dietary fiber, low in calories and saturated fat, green beans are one of the healthiest vegetables available. If you don’t like green beans, this quick vegetarian recipe will change your mind; if you do, you cannot find one easier than this one!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or fresh lemon juice
- Cook green beans in well salted boiling water until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain beans with ice water to prevent from cooking.
- Melt butter with oil in a skillet with medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté around 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add beans, sauté and toss to coat, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon zest or juice.