Bahārāt is a spice blend used in Arabic cuisine. Bahārāt is the Arabic word for “spices”. The mixture can be combined with olive oil and lime juice as marinade or rubbed into meat as seasonings. It is often used in lamb, beef, fish, chicken, vegetables, kebabs and soups.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 0 min
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Ground all the spices using a mortar or pestle or an electric grinder
- Mix all ingredients well
- Transfer into an airtight container and keep away from light and humility
- To enhance flavor, use whole spices and dry roast in a frying pan until fragrant before grinding.