This healthy rice recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare, then lay back and relax – let the rice cooker to take care of the rest!
Prep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 45 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/4 reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice or long grain rice
- Sauté onion, garlic, cumin seeds with oil over medium heat. Stir until onion is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mixture and all the remaining ingredients into a rice cooker.
- Mix well and cook until it is done.
- Discard cinnamon stick before serving.