This is a wonderful bread to make when pumpkins are everywhere and leaves are turning red. It is a easy recipe for pumpkin bread. The four spices, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice make a perfect blend which complements the superfood pumpkin brilliantly into crispy autumn air!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Two 8 x 4 inch loaves
- 3 1/2 cup all-purposed flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 ounce canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, clove, allspice, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, vegetable oil, water, and pumpkin in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Gradually fold in flour mixture. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread evenly into two greased and floured 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.